Forgive my absence for the last few days.


Forgive my absence for the last few days. I was first spirited away by my sister to her home to visit with family and just returned yesterday. Then today I was raided by friends and again spirited away to make merry, again only returning just now.

I can't let the year pass without thinking of you all, and the endliss help you have given to me through difficult times. I sometimes think were it not for this community, I may not have made it through to the other side.

I can promise you that we will have a home, and you will all be welcomed to come in, sit by the fire and rest your woes from the world. It looks like perhaps mewe is the destination, but again, I am still looking. (moving is such a pain, I only want us to do it once.)

Others have said this better than I am able to here, (I did say we were making merry tonight, I simply don't have the energy to face late hours this week) Still I want you to know I am grateful to you all for your participation and affection shared in this community. You all have made it the wonderful thing that it is.

I will leave you with a remember when, which looks to be everywhere this year.
And raise a glass to me at midnight, I plan to be in bed long before that, but think of me, as I have already toasted all of you earlier.

Hugs to one and all, and Happy New Year. 2019 is going to be our year!

Comments

  1. 🎆💃🕺🥂🍾🎶🎉🎆🎈✌️🎉
    Reminds the great Tim McGraw song Back When
    take a good look at the lyrics in sometime and you can pretty much relate I know I sure as hell can Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret,
    You probably didn't notice that I sent you a private post yesterday. I think I might as well copy it here.

    Dear Margaret,
    I'm not forgetting you and I thought you deserved a special season greeting.
    I have always appreciated your attachment to Vintage Life and I can understand how sad you are to see your brainchild die away. I haven't taken the time yet to think about the last few mails you wrote on the subject, but I'll come back to them. And I'll also come back to you because good friends just cannot be forgotten. And when all the new year things are over, we'll seriously see what we can do to continue Vintage Life in one form or another.
    Until then, I send you my very best wishes for the new year, and particularly a good health. The rest will come as a surplus !
    Take great care of yourself,
    Laurent



    ReplyDelete
  3. Best to you and yours this season, Margaret Siemers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment