This one is from Member Jeff Diver.

This one is from Member Jeff Diver. You know how I love old photos of members and encourage you all to share any you have if you would. I snatched this up from my stream because I think Jeff is a little bashful about sharing. Hope you don't mind Jeff, but we do love to see you here.

Originally shared by Jeff Diver

Beginnings & Ends We all have them. Here are my beginnings in Middletown NY.

In the picture are me and my sister. Behind us are buildings along old Route 84 (now 211), including the huge barns of the prosperous Smith(?) family and in the foreground, the Dairymen's League milk distribution plant. A field where meadowlarks sang was across the street between us and the League. In addition to the larks, we heard the switch engines of the O&W Railway yards to our north and the roar of the race cars of the Orange County Fairgrounds to the south.

#MiddletownNY

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Margaret Siemers! Not only am I bashful, I am also distracted and forgetful and... particularly adept at making excuses for myself. Seems like I have projects going on all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, that's ok Jeff Diver, many of us "Vintage" folks understand the causes. ; ) I am glad to gently nudge you when I 'remember' to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment