I came across this set of books over in the +Vintage & Antiques community (which is motivated by our good member Pam...

I came across this set of books over in the +Vintage & Antiques community (which is motivated by our good member Pam WhimsicalVintage. I say "motivated by" because a good community needs a motivator to succeed)
It's several of the Nancy Drew Mystery series.

When I saw them they brought back fond memories of my grade school days and friend that let me read her extensive library of Nancy Drew.

It also made me wonder if any of you have books that remind you of your childhood? Tell us what they are, and what they make you remember best.

I remember sleepovers at my friends house, and the two of us under the blanket reading by flashlights. It felt like we read for hours and I have to wonder now just how long we did read like that. The flashlights also served as our "Stealth mode" in raiding the kitchen late at night. Such fun and carefree days to remember.

So how about you? Any books back in your young life that stir a memory? Share it with us.

And thanks to Apple Betty Vintage for the memory in the first place.

Originally shared by Apple Betty
https://www.etsy.com/listing/638860222/ten-nancy-drew-carolyn-keene-5-first?ref=listing_published_alert

Comments

  1. Thank you Margaret Siemers:). Love this set from Apple Betty Vintage...oh the days of no cares and a good Nancy Drew book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had read books for school but didn't really become a reader until middle school when I discovered The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings (J. R. R. Tolkien) and The Sword of Shannara (Terry Brooks).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed Nancy Drew books as a young reader! I have the collection of the movies as well, which were based on the original 1930s stories.

    As a young reader I also enjoyed the Paddington Bear series, the classic fairy tales like Pinocchio, Dr. Seuss (If I Ran The Zoo was a particular favorite), Black Beauty, Ferdinand, Miss Jaster's Garden, The Pokey Little Puppy, and , oh, there are so many more! I have always enjoyed reading and have many books in my home to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. INDIA STREET ANTIQUES / DANISH MODERN SAN DIEGO I knew I liked you, but if "The Pokey Little Puppy" was one of your favorites, your my friend for life. : ) Such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve Hart Doesn't matter when you discovered them, it's the good feelings remembering them that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam WhimsicalVintage, I agree that "the days of no care" were the best. Although...I am starting to find that time again in my Elder Stage of life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment