THEN AND NOW...

THEN AND NOW...
In those days, my father and I used to travel our countryside on his Lambretta scooter (he never owned a car). Those little trips were also a good opportunity to take a few photos.

Photo 1 is me standing next to a "menhir" in Weris (South Belgium) on 1963-07-14. It was my father's bright idea, which as a normal teenager, I found utterly ridiculous...

Photo 2 was taken today. So that's me 55 years later. Beautiful weather for a photo trip. What I had in mind was another "Then and Now" photo for Vintage Life. It took me some time to find the spot again, which stands in the middle of nowhere.

Photo 3 is my father on the same spot.

Photo 4. Unfortunately, my father couldn't be here today for the "Then and Now" shot, as he passed away in 1987. I took this photo today in remembrance of his memory.




Comments

  1. I love these sorts of pictures that tell such a good story of the passage of time. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, that is so cool. You must be so proud to stand in the same place your father did. What a memory. đź’•

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pretty good mental picture of 2 well-dressed gentlemen road tripping on a scooter. Thanks for sharing your personal story and photos. I can imagine it was a very nostalgic photography outing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve Hart
    It's mainly the dressing of people that has changed a lot. From teenager onwards, all men had to wear a tie and a jacket in any circumstance. And another point worth mentioning : no helmet !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment