UNUSUAL BRITISH ARCHITECTURE


UNUSUAL BRITISH ARCHITECTURE
After having seen the series "Happy Valley" on TV, I wanted to revisit on the Internet the area where it was shot in West Yorkshire, a region that I particularly love.
This is Hebden Bridge.
If you watch closely the two blocks of houses in the yellow ovals, you'll notice that they are built on a sloping street. The strange feature is that their roofs are not horizontal, but they follow the same slope as the street. I have never seen this feature anywhere else, except in Burnley (Lancashire), only a few miles from here. Unfortunately, I was just passing through and did not stop to take a picture.
As I always say, "My best photos are those that I have not taken".

Comments

  1. This is wonderful Laurent, and I know just where to share it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret Siemers
    Please do !
    This is the purpose of the game...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, wonderful! Now I will look for Happy Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurent Truillet I tried, but something wasn't working and it didn't want to let me post there...are we still having sunspots? Never fear, I am not a quitter and will, at some point make it so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret Siemers
    What I would do is download the photo and create a new post. If you would also like to use my comment above the photo is to cut and paste it on your new post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The BRITS KNOW HOW TO LIVE BY GOSH!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment