Hello Dear Friends

Hello Dear Friends,
I wanted to tell you all about a new inter-community sharing project that we, here in The Vintage Life, are going to take part in.
This first post is one that I am sharing from the "Vintage & Antiques" Community that is owned by two of our current members, Pam WhimsicalVintage and Mullard Antiques and Collectibles. Pam did such a good job of explaining what the project is that I have unashamedly just picked up her first share from the "Landscape Photography community" which has Margaret Tompkins at the helm and plunked it down here.
Pams explanation lists several other communities that will be participating with us also so I strongly encourage you to read what Pam has to say below.
As you already know I share my favorite posts from you all to a public collection, which gets responded to quite well from folks all over G+. This will work in much the same way, however your posts will likely receive a good bit of honest, appreciative comments from those new communities too.
I do however need to add that your comments here will not travel with the post, so what you say here, stays here. Only the information you provide at the top of your post will travel with it. That being said, I I want you to know that I respect your privacy. Should you not want a particular post shared either to my public collection, or to other communities that will be working on this project with us, just let me know, or you can turn off the reshare capability of any individual post you place here. I can post a how to if anyone isn't sure how this is done, just tell me in the comments below.
In a few weeks, I will ask for your opinion on this project and if it isn't well received, you won't have to live with it I promise you. However I think it will be another added enjoyment for everyone, which is why we are here anyway, right?


Originally shared by Pam WhimsicalVintage

Hi Everyone,

One of the things that I love the most about Google+ is that communities are truly communities. We're not groups or forums, we're people with shared interests who actually participate in our communities. Sharing information, art, photography, vintage/antiques, a passion for food...the list goes on. We're not a "meme" type of crowd, we're real.
That said, a small group of reputable community owners have decided to come together and share the common interests of our different communities. This will give all of our members and expanded view of Google+ and the opportunity to broaden some horizons and/or establish a rapport with other community members. The very definition of community:).

Initially, I will need to pre-approve any posts for these communities so please let me know if you have content that you are interested in sharing

We'll be sharing vintage inspired/themed/content #VintageLandscape photography from Margaret Tompkins and the Landscape Photography community in their Everyday Landscape Theme Collection
https://plus.google.com/collection/kocSYE

We'll also be sharing content with Azlin Bloor of the foodies+ community found here
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114884141077604568395
For these posts, I'll be looking for vintage recipes with photos...either vintage or current. If you have anything that you think would be a good fit, let me know. foodies+ will be sharing with us any recipes with a vintage slant...they could be contemporary with a vintage twist or true vintage.

We have always shared with Margaret Siemers and The Vintage Life community and you'll be seeing more of those posts. For those of you who aren't already members, you can find The Vintage Life here
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100886631810551761434

Mullard Antiques and Collectibles and I are really looking forward to this collaboration and hope to have more communities joining us. Please take a moment to view the communities...I guarantee that they are both a feast for the eyes!

Comments

  1. Thanks so much Margaret Siemers! I'm really excited about this project. It'll take awhile to work out any kinks but foundation is good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Pam WhimsicalVintage, I'm excited too! Oh the places we can find interesting things in, the potential is limitless. : )
    And thank you for allowing me to borrow your words above. You just conveyed it so well I had to. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need for thanks Margaret Siemers, I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still trying to figure out how this works, and hoping that there will be good participation eventually. Do I understand correctly that if I have a vintage inspired landscape photo, I send it to Pam WhimsicalVintage or to Margaret Siemers and then you post it forward? Sorry to be so dense about all of this:-) Actually I'm still not certain what a vintage inspired landscape photo might be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't have to be vintage inspired Ann Kennedy (anything relating to vintage in the photo or style), it can be an actual old landscape photo, as long as it's one that you've taken yourself. It's much like JoininDaily or the other ones...just add the name of the photo then something to the effect of " for #EverydayLandscapes and Margaret Tompkins in the Landscape Photography community " and then add #vintagelandscapes . If you can a little history to the photo, that's great. Here's how I worded the one that I shared to V&A. It seems confusing because I'm having the V&A community members go through me to be sure that it's original content and that it's not promotional but that doesn't apply to you or really to this community.
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/+PamWhimsicalVintage/posts/8ThkuGPrZFf
    and here's the EverydayLandscape Collection from Margaret T
    plus.google.com - Everyday Landscape Theme

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam WhimsicalVintage Thanks, Pam. This is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann Kennedy I should add that Margaret Siemers may want you to post it here and have you add a hashtag for this community. The point is to bring other photographers, who may also be interested in vintage, to our communities and the flip side to give the Landscape community exposure in our vintage communities. I should have led with that in my first comment, as this is Margaret's community:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam WhimsicalVintage Margaret Siemers Ann Kennedy

    I just realized that I forgot to take part in the conversation above.
    Indeed, as Pam says, G+ communities are real communities where people are not just an address on a computer screen. We get to know each other and we share friendly conversations even with members who do not appear frequently.

    My position about Pam's 'and Margaret's projet is totally open and positive, as I wrote yesterday on a private post to Margaret. I am fundamentally a "sharer". As I have the feeling that none of my photos will survive me (my children are not interested), I can only encourage one and all to enjoy, download and re-share everything that I have posted on G+ or Flickr (except private "only for you"" messages on G+). On Flickr, all my photos are public. I am not on Facebook which I consider a useless jungle.
    When my photos are re-shared, I only wish that my name be mentioned as the source. I only say this because some of my "documentory" photos circulate between people who are active in the history of my region, and they have all been very honest about this so far.
    All that said, I gladly give every one the "high ball" (as Americans say !) to use, download and re-share my photos as they wish. This is also why I make sure that all my photos, both on G+ and Flickr, are downloadable in full definition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's wonderful Laurent Truillet, thank you so much and no worries, this is a group that is very respectful of noting original sources and giving credit where credit it due:) Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laurent Truillet That's kind and generous, Laurent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This got buried in my notices and I just found it. I have not been able to do much with this project. Pam WhimsicalVintage I have some good ones to post to your community and I will need to PM you once I have a moment to collect my thoughts and see how you would like to proceed, where you want me to post to etc.
    Honestly though, I am more worried about coaching my "Wonder Team" right now than I am anything else. (and I have to say they are all on the ball and I have very little to direct them on, could not be happier with them.)
    Pam, please do feel free to post here from your community, and take anything that you feel would interest your people over there. Tom shared a wonderful clock that is in his home that was his Grandmothers.
    Things will get back on track again, and things are coming together for me here, so there is hope! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Margaret Siemers I'm so glad things are coming together for you...I knew they would and was just hoping that it would happen quickly:).
    I have let this go myself as the sharing gets complicated between communities (not our communities) and I want to make it as easy as possible. I think the best way to go is a collection and hashtags...we can still post back and forth but with other communities, I'll be coming at it from the collection angle. I'll let you know once I have it sorted it out. Things are just a little busy right now, but thank you for thinking of us and for the invitation!
    Congrats on the Wonder Team!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pam WhimsicalVintage LOL, Thank you, It is miles easier to do what I need to do away from the computer now that I can have help. And I don't even have the problems with posters to moderate like you do in V&A. (Why do people think spam is a good thing to do?)
    I will hold off sharing till I hear back from you, and take your time as I know you are in the busy season right now with your business. It isn't like I am sitting here waiting for an answer.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment