Title

Comments

  1. Nice.. Waterman's ink✒️ ad cool with the others..neat the shape envelopes still in postmarked 1942 with minimal fade😎😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Kennedy Thanks for posting. I read some of the letters a few years ago which I found interesting especially as l was born during the war.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trucker Kev The Paid Tourist Thanks:-) You've reminded me of the time I was in a meeting and did not have a pen or pencil. I said to the person next to me, "May I please borrow for pen for a second?" and he replied, "No. It's a Waterman." At the time I had no idea what that was all about:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doreen Sherlaw Thank you, Doreen, it's my pleasure. Even though the project was finished in July of 2016, it didn't seem complete after finding the postcards at long last. I think that for most readers, the letters of interest were those related to the era in which they were born:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann Kennedy, happy you found them and happier that you posted them here. Always wonderful to see what your mom had to say. $45 a month for an apartment with a garage in New Haven...wonder what that is now in adjusted for inflation dollars? lol no need to figure it out, just commenting on the price, I know back then it wasn't as reasonable as it sounds to our 2018 ears.
    Oh, and the Pennsylvania Turnpike was once wonderful, now...not so much. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann Kennedy Cool..Nice to know. I am still a bit like that in pens..A Parker or Cross are as such..All others just pens😎

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Brenda Joyce ...
    She died at the age of 92 after suffering more than a decade of dementia in a nursing home in Santa Monica, California.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peter Wloch I didn’t know that. I need to read more about her. Thank you for sharing that information, although it is a sad thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment