Our own Pam WhimsicalVintage shared this interesting look into the history of Staten Island's South Shore.

Our own Pam WhimsicalVintage shared this interesting look into the history of Staten Island's South Shore. It's wonderful, takes about a half hr. to watch and, I don't know, there is such charm about the people that are remembering how it was there in the days before the bridge was built. I loved it, you may also. Let me know what you think.

Originally shared by Pam WhimsicalVintage

I know when many people think of Staten Island, NY, they think of the show Mob Wives. Not so long ago, moving to Staten Island from the city, was like moving to the country. The NYC media channel, does a show called Neighborhood Slice, where they go through the history of city neighborhoods, interview the "old timers" and show old films and photos of the big development periods.
Last night they did the South Shore of Staten Island. Even if you're not a New Yorker, I think you'll find this, 1/2 hour show, entertaining and informative. A little relaxing Sunday entertainment. I love everyone they interviewed in this...true vintage mindset people, who cherish the past but understand the present.
I'd love to discuss this with those of you who watch, so please feel free to post comments and let's get a discussion going:)
Click on the link below and you'll see the video directly beneath the image seen here. This is a government site, so their sharing options are only twitter and FB, unless you copy and past, hence the link.
Enjoy!
Roma Arellano, this is what I was talking about from another post.
#livelovelearnvintage

http://www1.nyc.gov/site/media/shows/neighborhood-slice.page?id=3457?pg=6
http://www1.nyc.gov/site/media/shows/neighborhood-slice.page?id=3457?pg%3D6

Comments

  1. Glad you liked it Margaret Siemers...I saw that with the cc. I would have been really disappointed if the NYC government media department didn't have CC:).
    Thanks so much for sharing, I hope everyone enjoys it...and take a peek at the list of other NYC neighborhoods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth watching, along with the others available as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment