Here ya go Laurent Truillet

Here ya go Laurent Truillet
BE SURE TO CLIC PIC FOR FULL LINK WITH YOUR ANSWER Why EXXON not branded outside America at time is right in this article The change took place one year before then Standard Oil sued here is your reason.
However only in USA as in Canada and all other places outside of America ESSO was and is still allowed and continues to be branded 48 yrs later
https://mobile.nytimes.com/1972/10/25/archives/and-now-the-esso-name-is-history-the-esso-name-is-history-now.html

Comments

  1. I know also that they were having trouble with the meaning of the new names they were considering in other countries being less than beneficial to the company image. So they created an entirely new word, which was Exxon. The two "X's" in the name represent the two company names they were changing to it.
    I have a blog post (perhaps if it wasn't lost due to computer loss when my old one went toes up) that I will look for and post later.
    Good followup Trucker Kev The Paid Tourist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret Siemers Thanks I don't like leaving people in dark if I can help..It kind of threw me with his remark. I just found neat how the three when you look at places prior to 70s in classic Roadside America you see Esso Enco and Humble and we have known for yrs EXXON and that was all post was supposed to be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trucker Kev The Paid Tourist you must understand that what folks in other countries hear and read is not always all of the picture. Laurent Truillet has the mind of an engineer, and thoughtfully studies these things. I know he appreciates the extra info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret Siemers Sure. That is why if I can answer and know I will. I don't just speculate though☺️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trucker Kev The Paid Tourist Which is why I am highly fond you and your posts. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment