As I sat today thinking about sharing tomorrows dinner with family I also thought of my online family here in our...

As I sat today thinking about sharing tomorrows dinner with family I also thought of my online family here in our community.

We have shared enough of our bitter sweet pasts that I feel close to so many of you. Pam WhimsicalVintage, Mullard Antiques, Oshi Shikigami, Laurent Truillet, Mike Srok, Mike Martin, David Bennett, Patsy Priebe, John Campbell Tom Brydon Mike Perry Darran Hughes Matthew Woodall John T Trucker Kev The Paid Tourist Madges Hatbox Sharon Meredith Surfergirl Gabe Steve Hart frank o'shea moonlight shadow Umi San David Bennett Sean Kinney Inka WSmith Jazzy Lemon Roma Arellano Melvin Cownzowfski Thex Dar Evelon Burley Aaron Segal Davita Egeland The Vintage Painter Takayoshi Takeuchi Paula Moore and so many more of you feel like old dear friends. In my heart of hearts I am thankful for each and every one of you. At some point you have each seen me through a troubled time and most of you didn't even know it. Your kind hearts and thoughtful ways helped me to cope with some very difficult times in my life.

This holiday season gives me another round of troubles to face. On Sunday November 5 we lost my husbands last living relative on his fathers side. On Sunday November 19th, we lost my husband of 30 years. (earlier I had said to a very few of you that it was longer, in my mind I was counting from the time we became engaged until now. I am sorry for that misinformation.)

The next few months, for me, will be turbulent so please do forgive me another few weeks of sporadic attendance.

I tell you this because life is finite and fragile. It is to be shared, lived to the fullest and have many friends and loved ones in it along the way. In these next weeks before we celebrate 2018, try to remember we all can seem to be obnoxious or boring at times, and especially family can get on your nerves when we come together. Please do try to forgive them their shortcomings, and just 'be' with them in the small amount of time you are required each year. You may wish they were able to be with you one day, no one should have regrets mixed with that. My Grandfather taught me this truth long ago, I just wanted to share that knowledge with you all. We will be missing family, but also not bothered by any regrets. I can only with the same for you all in the future.

Hugs to everyone of you.

Comments

  1. Do what you can and when that"s all. Make most of holidays as you can☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry for all the loss Margaret Siemers, and to lose your husband of 30 years...I am beyond words. Just to say that I am so sorry. Your reminder is wise and perfect--it's a time to practice just being. Big abrazo to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann Kennedy Jeff Sexton John W Poynton L.D. Wood Charlotte Wirfs No slight intended, I am sure you understand my mind lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words Margaret Siemers​​ . I also feel blessed with the friends I've made in this group. I'm so sorry to hear of your recent losses and wish you peace and happiness, in as large a measure as possible, in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Margaret for sharing your heart with us. May you have a holiday season filled with the comfort of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A poem of mine comes to mind...

    POEM: Time

    Time certainly has a way of sliding from you. Even when you try, you cannot truly hold it. It falls between your fingers with the tightest fist.

    Tick tock.

    Tick tock, it was spring, now it is summer,

    Tick tock, now it is fall,

    Tick tock, it is winter, the purity of the cold is here,

    Tick -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret Siemers​, very sorry for all youve been going through lately, and of course for your losses😔. Wishing you the best for the holidays and for every day~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peace and happiness, Margaret Siemers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully said Margaret Siemers. Wishing you a little peace in this storm tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You ,Margaret, from my button of my heart .All the best and xoxo

    ReplyDelete

  11. I feel very sorry about that I could not find a word.........
    I'm going to send you my favorites song.
    "Do not stand at my grave and weep"

    Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there, l do not sleep,
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am the sun on ripenend grain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circling flight.
    I am the soft starlight at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there; l did not die.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for your loss. Please take your time to grieve and adjust. Thoughts and prayers are with you now and in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Margaret,
    At a certain age, we all have to face the disappearance of our loved ones. My greatest sorrow was to lose my younger brother who passed away four years ago. We used to share music together and he would always let me know about his discoveries. Today, when I discover something nice, I still have the same urge to think that I must tell my brother about it. For half a second, my brother is there, but it only takes me another half a second to realize that he's gone.

    So Margaret, forget your husband you will not. But he'll probably keep on coming back to you now and then for a few half seconds

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your words are so wise in the midst of your sorrow. A poem we read at my mother's funeral, I found it in her purse.:

    Death Is Nothing At All
    Death is nothing at all,
    I have only slipped away into the next room,
    I am I and you are you.
    Whatever we were to each other,
    that we are still.
    Call me, by my old familiar name.
    Speak to me,
    in the the easy way you always used.
    Put no difference into your tone.
    Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
    What is death, but a negligible accident?
    Why should I be out of mind
    because I am out of sight?
    I am waiting for you,
    for an interval,
    somewhere very near,
    just around the corner.
    All is well.
    Nothing is past; nothing is lost.
    One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
    How we shall laugh
    at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

    The poem was written by Canon Henry Scott-Holland, 1847-1918, Canon of St Paul's Cathedral, London.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your beautiful words. Thinking of you Margaret Siemers. My heart goes out to you and your family, especially today, Thanksgiving. I hope you all bring comfort to one another at this sad time. I noticed Mike Perry had shared a poem that I love, which made me want to share my favourite poem 'Remember' by Christina Rossetti.

    Remember me when I am gone away,
    Gone far away into the silent land;
    When you can no more hold me by the hand,
    Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
    Remember me when no more day by day
    You tell me of our future that you planned:
    Only remember me; you understand
    It will be late to counsel then or pray.
    Yet if you should forget me for a while
    And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
    For if the darkness and corruption leave
    A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
    Better by far you should forget and smile
    Than that you should remember and be sad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry for your loss. Our prayers go out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Margaret Siemers so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts. Your words of wisdom are very profound and so true. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in this wonderful community. I am privileged to be a member.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Margaret I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you do enjoy your Thanksgiving I know it will be hard. But we will all be thinking of you. You take care.
    Happy Thanksgiving and God bless you. I know I am late wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving but I just got my internet back. So I didn't see your message in time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to near of your loss, the "festive period" will be very difficult for you. I lost my father on the 21st December many years ago.
    I almost missed this post but under Notifications I saw "other updates" and wondered what that meant and discovered your post there. Must check it from time too time.
    I will be thinking of you & your family, I too feel fortunate to be in the "Vintage Life" commu nity. Take care. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you is all I can manage and keep my composure. You will never know how much what each of you has said here means to me. God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sad news but be blessed and be strong.The chain of life looks like that.We will think of you and yours.All the best and take care dear.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Life is too short. And our time with all, too short. Value those who have concern for you, and remember that every time you are with them, in word or fact, may be the very last time.

    HUG greatly, forgive graciously, and celebrate, like it is the last time, you are with them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment