"Surely there is Music in Heaven, just look at who resides there" He got America moving with "do the Twist", and...

"Surely there is Music in Heaven, just look at who resides there" He got America moving with "do the Twist", and became a decidedly thinner "Fats" Domino.
Thank you Antoine for the fun you gave us.

Antoine "Fats" Domino Jr. (February 26, 1928 – October 24, 2017) was an American pianist and singer-songwriter of French Creole descent. Five of his records released before 1955 sold over a million copies and were certified as gold records,[1] and he had 35 records in the U.S. Billboard Top 40. His musical style was based on traditional rhythm and blues, accompanied by saxophones, bass, piano, electric guitar, and drums. Wikipedia
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AFats_Domino_1977.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AFats_Domino_1977.jpg

Comments

  1. I truly enjoyed his music. I was a fan. But my parents were huge fans of his. Rip mr. Fats Domino.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.I.P., Fats. A fan since Blueberry Hill was released when I was a teen; it has special significance to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elvis Presley called him the King of Rock'n'roll.

    (It was Chubby Checker though that did the Twist)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH, Thank you Mike Perry With egg on my face, I must agree you are correct and I was in Error. Fats and Chubby, late at night can you see why my mind got muddled. I was wondering why the news report didn't mention the twist! lol Thank you so much for the kind correction. Please, folks should always feel free to correct me. I am human, I do stay up too late at times, and I do make mistakes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment