A 1956 Kresge's Halloween Advertisment....


A 1956 Kresge's Halloween Advertisment....

Comments

  1. It would have been a really special thing to buy a Halloween costume when I was a kid! I don't think I knew anyone who had one:-) This is a great ad and I used to love Kresge's. It was our local "dime store" and a favorite hang-out for kids. Thanks for the great memories here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Kennedy​ we never had store-bought costumes either when we were young my brother and myself. We always made something up out of our own heads and it was always cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the best costumes, the one you come up with using thought and ingenuity Evelon Burley and Ann Kennedy. But then, didn't we usually have a trunk somewhere with all kinds of "Dress Up" things in them to help us. Or was I unusual to have that ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret Siemers you weren't really unusual to have that cuz a lot of people had that. But we didn't have that luxury unfortunately. So we had to do some serious thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret Siemers Yes, we had an attic of boxes and a cedar chest, and Mom never threw out a scrap of fabric:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment