Wringer Washer


Originally shared by Ivy Loi

Wringer Washer

Comments

  1. From "The Dependability People". lol I bet this runs forever and fixing it when in need of repair is a snap. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really robust piece of equipment, it has the look of an industrial meat mincer one might find in a pie factory!!! 😬

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Bennett yes, you wouldn't want to get your fingers caught in it then

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really like that a lot. I wouldn't mind having one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Bennett These old wringer washers were dangerous! My mom had a rounded maytag, with one big red button on its round middle. Pull to start, push to stop. I don't know when the family got it, I was born in '54 and I remember it well as a small child. It was a monster! One speed, and it wasn't slow, so I can see the correlation between this and a meat mincer.

    I am not even going to get into what the Wringer could do to you John T if you got your hand caught in it. Lets just say that one of my beloved dollies had a crushed arm because of my older brother wanting to see what it would do one day. : )

    I would have one to look at Evelon Burley, this is an especially nice example, but forgive my love of modern appliances as I would take any make of today's washers over yesterday's to do the actual laundry. While these were far better than a wash tub and board, which we used on the farm too, they were a lot of work, and not at all gentle on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment