vintage door pulls from Japan


vintage door pulls from Japan

Comments

  1. I am allowing this post because it has no direct links to the Etsy shop it refers to, and because it contains "on Etsy" in the G+ name itself. This poster has complied with all my requests to not have links on items that are currently for sale, and I thank Vintage From Japan+ On Etsy very much for doing that for us. That said, the history of Japan and their culture has always been a fascination for me, and I hope you will comment on items they post here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is doubtful that 'door pulls' were ever much of an item, except in Japan. And these show the elegant sensibilities so often found in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oshi Shikigami They were in the old Victorian homes. They simply didn't look as sleek as these, much gaudier then. There was a pocket door fling in the 60s I think, but that is as far as I know off the top of my head for door pulls in the USA. Anyone out there remember anything about door pulls?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment