Ho ~Ho ~ Ho...In The Valley Of The Green Giant......


Ho ~Ho ~ Ho...In The Valley Of The Green Giant......
A 1953 Green Giant Advertisement......

Comments

  1. He-he-he, I remember these. Green Giant was all my mother would use in the winter. She said it was the best around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now here's a familiar guy from childhood! In the twenties, the green giant looked like a cave-man and not too friendly looking either! By the way, I don't mean my childhood was in the 1920s:-) We had a family friend who wrote a book about growing up in an area where peas were grown. He and his friends (in the 1920s) used to wait by the side of the road for the open bed pea trucks to drive by because peas would fall off the trucks where the roads were bumpy. He said they were always fresh, fat and delicious:-) Thanks for the happy post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back when I was a kid, back in the stone age, you know before the cloud or selfies, I thought he looked kinda creepy. ;-)

    But I always liked the food. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, when was the last time I saw a Jolly Green Giant commercial on television? Decades?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karl Smithe interesting stuff. Thanks. I did not know he had been around that long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karl Smithe now he has his own Facebook page. Kinda sad I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment