even I never knew that as the railfan I am.

even I never knew that as the railfan I am.
Of course air travel not far off why take 3 or 4 days instead of 10 or 13hrs. in the early stages of passenger prop powered air travel. But a cool ad with the neat Santa Fe vintage cross logo
A trip by rail, is and adventure. A trip by air, is more of a doctor's exam...
ReplyDeleteOshi Shikigami Yep..But the general consenus now is get me there as fast as can...Living in Chicago sometimes I enjoy a 1 or 2 day Amtrak trip still when I park the 18 wheeler and take a few days off
ReplyDeleteIt may be nice to get there faster, but for pure relaxation and enjoyment you can't do better than taking the train on land and a cruse ship on the ocean. (Just my opinion folks)
ReplyDeleteTrucker Kev The Paid Tourist Wonderful ad. Thanks, and happy to know you enjoy trains too.
ReplyDeleteMargaret Siemers TRUCKS, TRAINS AND TUNES THE BIG 3 LIFELONG LOVES AND TAKIN PITCHERS TOO LOL
ReplyDeleteBasic pleasures are always the best. Trucker Kev The Paid Tourist
ReplyDeleteAir travel used to be about adventure, but now it is merely a commodity - with (as Oshi Shikigami put it) a doctors exam (carried out by an unqualified examiner). :(
ReplyDeleteRail travel does allow you to see more of the countryside!
Richard Durham Thanks for commenting. A flying bus ride if you ask me, with more hastes.
ReplyDelete