A 40s Boy

A 40s Boy

"Teapots & Rodents"

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.

Comments

  1. What an interesting grandfather you had - photos to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Perry Thank you Mike, he was very special to me. With me being the son of a deep sea fisherman my granddad became a father figure for me. He taught me things like repairing a puncture on my bike and keeping all your tools clean and put away after use.
    It doesnt sound much but it's made me a very practical person

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Bennett I never really had a relationship with a granddad - one died before I was born and the other lived a distance away. Now I'm in that role I like to think that I have an influence on my grandchildren (hopefully for the good!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandfather was a very talented and creative musician to be able to stand in for a percussionist on the 1812 Overture! AND to come up with such a clever way to make the sounds he needed! I love the photos, those are priceless, and the record book for his metal work is amazing. You were fortunate to have spent time with your grandfather and to learn so much about his life and work. A delightful post in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your grandfather stories. He must have been an one-of-a-kind talent and Renaissance man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve Hart He was all of that, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment