A 40s Boy

A 40s Boy

"The Seaside"

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.

Comments

  1. That's a lovely post and stirred a few memories. I lived in West London as a child and remember well the day trips to the 'seaside' on trains and coaches. The excitement of seeing the sea was always very special. I think this was the influence that made me want to live near(ish) the sea as I do now in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Perry I don't think we appreciate living by the seaside but I wouldn't want to move away from the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you post some current views of the areas you write about and combine them with your memories. Will there be people dressed up on Easter to promenade, or is that past time long gone? Don't you wish as kids we had taken more pictures and kept them in order to compare with today's views! The photos of you and your sister are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann Kennedy People no longer "dress up" in their finest to promenade, T-shirts & jeans are now the fashion. I'm glad I have photo's from my childhood but I also wonder what futuyre generations will have to remember their younger days. Everything is now digital, held on a disc or hard drive, rarely printed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment