It's a seldom talked about thing even in today's in your face world.
It's a seldom talked about thing even in today's in your face world. However many of us have wondered, and this very tasteful, no embarrassing moments, video gives us a look at what women did with those Victorian fashions when nature called.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUHeSTDv_24&feature=share
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUHeSTDv_24&feature=share
I actually did not mean to post this to this community, but will let it stand because I find it quite interesting. I have had occasion to go to a costume ball in attire similar to this. No directions came with it for using the "necessities".
ReplyDeleteI saw this a while ago, and I thought it was masterfully done. :-)
ReplyDeleteIt was, I agree. It isn't easy to do but she pulls off Funny, informative and tasteful treatment of a delicate subject
ReplyDeleteThis is a great way to learn about something like this! And I thought drop-seat PJs were a bit complicated! Even though women might have been challenged by their elaborate clothes, I bet they didn't go around all day drinking large to-to cups of coffee!
ReplyDeleteAnn Kennedy you have a point there!
ReplyDeleteAlso, rooms were larger then too. Can you see trying to navigate in any home, office or city street in a hoop skirt today?
Margaret Siemers I always think of laundering those clothes and what it must have been like to wash and iron. Terrible!
ReplyDeleteAnn Kennedy You can say that again. Is it any wonder that ironing took an entire day to do back then.
ReplyDeleteI think, if you could afford some of those outfits, you likely could afford a maid or two? ;-)
ReplyDeleteOshi Shikigami That's true.
ReplyDeleteVery cute, always wondered 😀
ReplyDelete