February 19, 1967, ordinary letter during troubled times...

Comments

  1. For those who have already read, apologies for the re-run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Ann Kennedy that brings back memories. Heartbreaking that so many were POW's in that war, and so many didn't survive to come home. I am so glad that Bruce did, very deserving of his medals.
    Gotta also say that you need not be sorry for posting a re-run, if you think about it, this entire community is a re-run. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann Kennedy Margaret Siemers
    Margaret is right, Ann. This community is for people who have a secret wish to re-run their lives.
    And by the way, this post prompted me to look up in my little diaries to see what I was doing exactly 50 years ago. And I discovered that it was only 5 days to the day that I first met my future wife (on the 25th).
    Ooops ! I nearly missed that one !
    Now I've got 5 days to get ready for something special...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, glad you caught that one Laurent Truillet elsewise you could be in for a whole boatload of grief from the Mrs. ; )
    And Congratulations on having such a long and I am sure happy life together. 50 Years is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret Siemers Thanks, Margaret. I just don't want people seeing the same people seeing the same old stuff so I hope folks ignore what they're already read and maybe someone new will enjoy it:-) 1967 hardly seems vintage, does it! But alas, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurent Truillet Now you're obligated to do something really spectacular to celebrate since we'll all be waiting to hear about it:-) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann Kennedy
    Thanks for the congratulations !
    Any suggestion ?
    Please help !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurent Truillet A balloon ride, a bell to ring whenever she'd like something, a handwritten letter recalling the moment you met, breakfast in bed, a framed photo of a special memory, fix a special picnic, a list of what you love about your lives, a wonderful fountain pen and ink, a subscription to a wine or cheese service, a day at the spa, a surprise trip to her favorite place near or far, a promise to take over a chore she doesn't like to do, etc. etc. etc. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann Kennedy Gee Ann ! I can see that you are ready for when it will be your turn ! Thanks a lot for the suggestions...
    I'm thinking of a surprise cake with a big "50" written on it, plus a promise that we will travel a little more in spring this year, plus a piece of jewelry. I shall also secretly ask my daughter if she has another idea ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laurent Truillet Haha! Yes, we're only to the 46 yr. mark so I'm going to be well prepared if I'm asked for any ideas:-) Your plans are absolutely perfect and you didn't need any help at all:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann Kennedy That's what I was thinking about the both of your suggestions...No need for me to offer anything, they have it covered nicely.
    Laurent Truillet It sounds like your wife will be very happy with your plans, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment