A vintage Bell Telephone advertisement......


A vintage Bell Telephone advertisement......

Comments

  1. Everyone knew Bell-Tel:-) I'm glad she's taking a break from the vacuum here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It kinda makes me wish phones had stayed phones and computers had stayed computers on the desk and Cameras still had Canon or Nikon on them. I know, I sound like an old fuddy duddy. Well guess what folks...I AM! lol
    Great Post Evelon Burley thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret Siemers thank you very much. I am glad you like it. And I am in agreement with you. I wish to that everything had of stayed the same. Everything was so much simpler and seemed better. At least I thought so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was better quality machinery. Phones lasted forever! My first computer lasted forever, Camera's lasted forever. Todays smart phones... Not so much. If you do try and keep them the screens give out after a few years. The Obsolescence in planned obsolescence became Planned self destruct. And now we have mountains of electronics to deal with after they are broken.
    Personally, I wish all the phone providers would just sit back one day and say, "You know what guy, we have enough money, let's start giving folks things that last and can be passed down." In my dreams I guess. Evelon Burley Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret Siemers That is totally my dream as well and it goes for home appliances too:-) Interesting to think of how the telephone has changed over time. The ad here is a true reflection of its' use in that era. I don't even answer the phone anymore because it's all robocalls:-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann Kennedy sometimes, only sometimes mind you, it's a blessing that I can't hear. We let the phone's answering machine pick up and then Fred gets to screen all the calls. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret Siemers I love that you look on the bright side:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment