OLD MEMORIES RESURRECTED


OLD MEMORIES RESURRECTED

This is a follow-up to +David Bennett's vintage photo that he has just posted.
A similar story happened to me about two weeks ago when I received a message from a boy (who is now an old man) who was with me in the nursery school. Too long to explain how he found my track. He sent me 3 group photos of the class taken in 1949 when we were 5 years old. I didn't have these photos. Needless to describe my emotion and my feeling of having gained a new straight path into my past...
Here is one of them. I am in the yellow circle, and the boy who sent me this photo is in the blue circle.
I shall post another photo taken the same year at a school carnival.

Comments

  1. Well we've started something now Laurent. It's interesting to see in your photo the boys in their short trousers. I must have been about 12 years old before I got into long trousers. Boys don't wear them these days. Interesting post, I'll look forward to the carnival photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Bennett Thank you David.
    Two carnival photos are coming...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course this is a delightful photo and I'm very interested in the classroom details. Those desks seem quite big for such young children. I assume they are lined up as shown for the photograph only. Glass cases seem unusual, very "academic" looking for a nursery school:-) Looking forward to seeing the next photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that something! So happy you shared with us also Laurent Truillet You still look much like the young boy in the photo, isn't it something how some folks almost never change appearance.
    I love the Little Red Riding Hood theme in the cupboards and on the wall, looks like you were studying the moral of the stories. From the toys on the shelf, to the children in their seats. It's all wonderful, and thank you so much.
    David Bennett I don't mind that you started something, I can only hope others may share childhood memories with us too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann Kennedy The desk are actually the ones we were sitting at, but they had been rearranged for the photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret Siemers I also think we should go on what David Bennett started. That's what Vintage Life is all about. It's vintage and it's life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment