A few cleaning items from the 1950's.


A few cleaning items from the 1950's.

Comments

  1. MY dad had a wooden box, with a footrest on top, that had the polishes, brushes, and cloths to do any sort of shoe care. Lots of stuff that looked just like that. :-) I think one of my brothers inherited it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oshi Shikigami Now that you've said that I remember my granddad had one of those shoe cleaning boxes too.  He also had several Cobblers Lasts as he repaired his own working boots, mainly putting new seggs  into the soles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oshi Shikigami David Bennett My dad too, I think they were a requirement back in those days lol. I only know a handful of men that still polish shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here:-) I loved the scent of my dad's shoe shine supplies and the sound of the brush! In my small town there is still a shoe repair shop, a complete throw back to my childhood and I love going in there. Thanks, David Bennett for such a neat picture that brings such good memories. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment