Title


Comments

  1. No, sorry. Late fifties - very early sixties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting chart no sign of the "DA" tho'

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Bennett OK, what's a DA? Or is that like the old joke "What's a henway? "
    Answer: about a pound. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Bennett Well I suppose someone would ask, so here goes. A DA was a hairstyle that was popular in the 50's & 60's with the teddyboys. It had the hair down the back of the man's hair combed from each side to the centre to form a vertical deviding line down the centre of his head and the term DA came about as it resembled a duck's bottom. Except the "A" stood for a different, ruder term, for the duck's bottom.
    Without using the rude term, I hope you've got the gist if it. 😇
    I liked you "henway" joke but, what really is a "henway"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just a difference in terms between our countries David Bennett The Flat Top Ducktail is our version of your DA. (and yep, I caught on quick to what you were saying about it's name in your country. : )

    And, in answer to your question. It's an old Marx Brothers Joke. One brother could say something like, "I'd really like to have a Steinway Piano." and the other would answer, "I'd rather have a Henway." And the first would ask "What's a Henway?" and the answer would be, "3 or 4 pounds." ( I had the weight wrong last night sorry, but you get the idea, it's a play on words.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. David Bennett Well I'm glad we cleared both
    things up, I did wonder if the "duck tail flat top" was the same beast. Good to sort it out without me offending anyone.
    The Marx Brothers were really comical, their humour was inoffensive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to dig out my old Ken doll and identify his haircut:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment