There were vast differences in the political ideologies of my ancestors and the ancestors of my husband.
There were vast differences in the political ideologies of my ancestors and the ancestors of my husband. Nonetheless we value the keepsakes left by both sides. We recently found these items and at first we thought we had something rather special in the Confederate currency. I find it fascinating what people keep.


Ann Kennedy - Love the old stuff like this! I wonder how many Yankee dollars the Confederate $500 note was worth in 1863 and then in 1865? Did I ever tell you that my maternal great grandfather was a Confederate cavalryman and so my grandmother belonged to the UDC?
ReplyDeleteAnn Kennedy Love seeing posts like this from members. and Mike Martin hearing about ancestral goings on too. It makes our community so special, I think anyway.
ReplyDeleteMike Martin I remember that about your family! The UDC was a big deal for southern women:-) I need to look up those currency values. It's a good question.
ReplyDeleteMargaret Siemers Thanks a lot! I'm interested in all kinds of family stuff whether mine or someone else's.
ReplyDeleteAnn Kennedy : )
ReplyDelete