I dedicate this post to the lady member of Vintage Life who is interested in calligraphy.
I dedicate this post to the lady member of Vintage Life who is interested in calligraphy. This is one of my father's diplomas dated 1924. The template document is of course printed, but all the specific words appearing in darker black have been hand-written by the school administration.
Size of the document : 18" x13". Could not be scanned. Had to be camera-shot.
a beautiful example of hand calligraphy! That's quite a treasure you have there for several reasons! (I especially like that uppercase "M")
ReplyDeleteThank you Patsy...
ReplyDeleteWas it you the lady interested in calligraphy and who asked me if you could share one of my previous documents with other friends ?
If so, you may also do so this time.
Laurent Truillet I think it was me - these old hand lettered documents are really interesting to study.
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting this and have a nice week!
Beautiful script! You've reminded me of something to share:-)
ReplyDeleteAnn Kennedy Please do !
ReplyDeleteVery well done! I love calligraphy👍❤️
ReplyDeleteMe too Adrienne Washington such beautiful writing. It's a shame it is just about a lost art in writing today.
ReplyDeleteLaurent Truillet I don't know what "lady" it was, but many here enjoy this. Please post whatever you have. : )
ReplyDeleteMargaret Siemers
ReplyDeleteAnd indeed, I have some more...
Laurent Truillet Why does that not surprise me. ; )
ReplyDelete