Had this in a draw for ages. So I decided to take it to a local museum to have it appraised.
Had this in a draw for ages. So I decided to take it to a local museum to have it appraised.
Circa 1916 pilots watch (The Great War). When aeroplanes where held together with string.
The winder on the watch is missing and apparently this was common, caused by the vibration of the aircraft.


Circa 1916 pilots watch (The Great War). When aeroplanes where held together with string.
The winder on the watch is missing and apparently this was common, caused by the vibration of the aircraft.


Very nice! I like the functional simplicity of this style, very "timeless".
ReplyDeleteOh my, that is nice. Looks like the numbers glowed too. That and being large like they are must have been handy on a dark night up in the air. (they flew at night didn't they?) Just thinking, I don't see lights.
ReplyDelete