po-boy history lesson

po-boy history lesson
http://s.nola.com/EwTQDtj

Comments

  1. He he. For all you folks that never lived south of the Masson & Dixon line, a Po-boy, or poor boy is akin to our Submarines, Grinders and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had them before there is a little sidewalk cafe that serves them fresh everyday on very soft fresh home made bread, rolls, buns and you can pick, I think it is pulled pork in a very sassy sauce. They put bread and butter pickles on the bun. I sort of have to be in the mood for them. But they are really good when you are hungry after playing or swimming or bike riding, tired and hungry, walk in and smell the fresh bread making! That place is so popular with the locals, they make awesome curry too, a big pot every morning, sometimes I have a bowl with rice for breakfast with my girlfriends. The old fashioned way is always the best way--made from scratch--so it is also very popular with the kids, it's too small to hang there for long but we know the cook and his wife. :)) Some things never change! Home made will always be popular and the kids know it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment