These are actually called "mowers" for the proper name. Ann is right the Amish use them, but at one time it was the only machinery around for "mowing" wheat or hey or a meadow. I also agree with Ann that this one looks to be from around the 1800s. Here is a link of them in action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtPP9WMy91E
Is this some kind of harvester?
ReplyDeleteSteve Hart it's an old horse or mule drawn grass cutter you'd ride... Don't know the proper terminology or year...
ReplyDeleteThis is similar to what the Amish use in preparing their fields for spring planting. It looks to be middle 1800s I'd guess, but not certain.
ReplyDeleteThese are actually called "mowers" for the proper name. Ann is right the Amish use them, but at one time it was the only machinery around for "mowing" wheat or hey or a meadow. I also agree with Ann that this one looks to be from around the 1800s.
ReplyDeleteHere is a link of them in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtPP9WMy91E