I love this image~It seems so peaceful and serene~Just what I need...

I love this image~It seems so peaceful and serene~Just what I need...
I'm not really sure where it is, but I'm guessing England or Paris...
But anyways,I find it very beautiful and I just wanted to share it with you...
I imagine there where quite a few people who did not welcome the automobile.
ReplyDeleteIt must be Paris - the streets are wide.
ReplyDeleteAlthough that pillar up there looks suspiciously like London.
ReplyDeleteWherever it is Evelon Burley Your right; it is beautiful and peaceful.
ReplyDeleteI can't tell if it is a drawing or just a very gray photograph. However I am guessing London and one of its pea soup fogs as you can see the sun trying to shine through and it being reflected on objects. None of the lamps are lit so it wouldn't be the moon. (just my take on it)
My guess is London of course (because traffic keeps to the left !). The street could well be Whitehall, with Nelson Column on Trafalgar square in the distance. And the monument in the middle of the street could be the Cenotaph.
ReplyDeleteAnd of course, the rain...
Laurent Truillet I think you nailed it.
ReplyDeleteIt's London, innit? Very English look to it. :)
ReplyDelete