(https://goo.gl/xwN31e) Feast your eyes!
(https://goo.gl/xwN31e) Feast your eyes! The Earl J. Arnold Advertising Card Collection 1885 is online-- all 194 pages of it --and ready for you to enjoy post by post. According to the author, there are over 1000 trade cards in the collection. Each page of the scrapbook was designed by Emma Jane (Bailey) Arnold to keep her four children occupied after the death of their Civil War veteran father. The online version expands on the original work with additional materials about the products, manufacturers and locations publicized by the cards. For further information, click the links or scan the QR code below. At the invitation of a member of the Vintage Life Community, updates will be posted here.
This will take me forever to get through, but my how wonderful to see. Such a good resource too.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. And happy you joined our little band of friends.
Margaret Siemers Thanks for your interest! I'm hoping the index and the table of contents page listing will be helpful to those who just want to browse now and then. I should warn others, however, that the collection was designed to hold the attention of children back in 1865. Readers tell me that once you begin exploring, one thing leads to another and pretty soon you'll realize it's holding your attention, too.
ReplyDeleteHave no fear about holding our attention to things from 1865:-) That's why we're here!
ReplyDeleteYes Jeff Diver, Ann Kennedy is right about that. Most anything from the past keeps me and many many of our members happy. : )
ReplyDeleteWe have loads of train buffs. I think you have landed in the right place to share. Going to check out Grandfathers slides now. (and I think it is wonderful that you are telling us too) Jeff Diver
ReplyDeleteOh yes, go see the link posted above everyone. Trains I never saw before.
ReplyDelete