This is a follow up to Margaret Siemers posts on World Fairs.


This is a follow up to Margaret Siemers posts on World Fairs.
The "Atomium" in Brussels was built for the Brussels 1958 World Fair.
Like the Eiffel Tower in Paris, it was scheduled to be dismantled (10 years lifetime for the Atomium). And like the Eiffel Tower, not only is it still there, but is has been substantially improved...
The original cladding was aluminium. A few years ago, the aluminium has been replaced by stainless steel ($$$). It shines very much brighter now than it did at the beguinning.
And of course, it's here to stay now...
(Photo from Wikipedia)

Comments

  1. I didn't post that here Laurent TRUILLET However now I shall as I am sure you have piked everyone's interest. ; )   Thanks actually. I should have placed it here too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret Siemers Sorry for the confusion... But this is all due to a shorcoming of Google+. It doen't permit to join a photo to a comment. One has to create a new post (if I'm wrong, please someone let me know !)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment