Farm cat. 1940s?


Farm cat. 1940s?

#caturday

Comments

  1. REMINDS ME OF MY GRANDMOTHER.WHEN WE WOULD VISIT THEM SHE ALWAYS HAD A PET CAT OR TWO .ONE OUTSIDE ONE INSIDE. GREAT MOUSE TRAPS.:-):-):-):-):-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Wiggin that they are. My own kitty, "The Queen Of Comfie" as we call our girl (her name is Gypsy) caught a mouse in the kitchen several days ago. I have traps out, but the little devil kept avoiding them. (I believe  he came in during the big storm and had been raiding the kitchen garbage!) Two days after I showed miss Gypsy where he was showing up from she had him. We always get at least one field mouse in the winter, and she has been better than the traps I set out. She can be lazy all she wants, she works when she needs to, and she purrs in my lap. Who could ask for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret Siemers I HAVE A CAT ALSO I ADOPTED FROM THE SHELTER.ABOUT 6 YRS AGO. I GET A MOUSE ABOUT EVERY WINTER. ALWAYS IN THE KITCHEN. MY CAT RENEWS HER CONTRACT EVERY YEAR.:-):-):-) .

    ReplyDelete
  4. FARM PETS SERVE MANY PURPOSES. THE OUTSIDE DOG KEPT CRITTERS OUT OF THE GARDEN PROTECTED THE CHICKENS AND HENS. THE OUTSIDE CAT KEPT MICE OUT OF THE CHICKEN AND HEN FEED.. USUALLY THE OUTSIDE CAT WAS A TOUGH OLD TOM CAT THAT WAY THE DOGS DID NOT PREVENT HIM FROM DOING HIS JOB.. CITY DOGS AND CATS HAVE AN EASIER LIFE:-):-):-):-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment