Title


Comments

  1. A lot easier than using a "smart phone"!

    With a mind numbing array of choices, and a zillion frivolous distractions, with nothing to do with a phone call, it's amazing anybody can actually chat on a phone any more...

    Oh, wait they text, din't they?  ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my mother picking up the phone and saying, "Operator, I'd like to place a toll call to Cincinnati, Ohio, please. The number is..."
    That was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A different era. We never had a phone when I was a child, so they were a bit of a mystery to me, but now my 5 y.o. grandson phones us when he wants a chat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up on a farm we didn't have a phone till my brother went off to Vietnam during the war. Daddy said it was time to pay the money to bring the lines across the fields to the house from the road. It cost him $200.00 back then.(early 70's if I remember correctly) I am sure he would have paid many times that if he had to so he could keep in touch with his son.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment