Title


Comments

  1. Ah, the Female Mystique! I remember back in the '50s that ads for something called "Tampax" claimed to be the "feminine protection that's right even for single gals."
    Huh? What does marital status have to do with protecting females? Protecting them from what? Burglars? Wolves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Martin That's for us to know  (she said sweetly and with charm) and you to BACK OFF ABOUT IT BUDDY! GO PICK UP A BOOK ON ANATOMY! (she growled opposingly)    
    Mike, this is what my mother always said she felt like when those commercials came on. She said she knew it would make men ask questions. lol
    Another time of life. Sure was different then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret Siemers - In my defense... I remember those ads from Look and Saturday Evening Post magazine. Usually they had a head shot of a nurse with the starched cap and the oh-so-'50s cat eye glasses. Just as Coca Cola was originally only sold at drug stores, so did the presence of a nurse suggest that, hey, this must be a product that's medically endorsed and will ensure one's health!
    Re Quest and Tampax, in my southern protestant upbringing, such things were a) hushed and b) therefore inherently sinful. 
    But I was still puzzled by the bit about "right even for single gals."
    At least I had comic books and Davy Crockett and Cub Scouts to distract from me from impure thoughts.
    Rant out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if this could cause uterine cancer like baby powder does

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike Martin Rant all you want. The things you share here are priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment