I have been finding a lot of photograph frames lately at various haunts of mine, I realised later on that the...

I have been finding a lot of photograph frames lately at various haunts of mine, I realised later on that the generation that owned such items are now leaving us and this particular type of frame is coming onto the market.
Watch out for such items on your travels.
The first three pictures are of a very nice frame with convex glass (I think it was called bubble glass for my American friends). The frame harks back to the late 40s and is quite large and heavy and would have been a luxury item in its day.I paid £20 for this.
The next two pictures show a pie crust frame from the same era as the first frame and bought for the same price, this has flat glass but the pie crust affect made it appealing.
The last frame housing my great grandmother is of an earlier period possibly 1920s and bought for £10 a bargain price.
Gathered on a lamp table they make an impressive conversational piece.







Comments

Post a Comment