Right your are Karen Slembrouck . The toothpaste brand was Ipana. Although they adopted the "sex sells" advertising philosophy, it wasn't enough to beat out Crest and Colgate who used kids and puppies instead. I love you all BTW, this is such a fun group.
That's it Ipana, I couldn't for the life of me come up with the brand name but I remember the ad picture and the phrase, I don't remember liking the taste of Ipana though :-)
Sanitary products.
ReplyDeleteIm with Evelon Burley on this.
ReplyDeletetoothpaste - not a whisper of bad breath
ReplyDeleteLeather gloves for female bike riders? :P
ReplyDeleteCigarettes
ReplyDeleteRevlon?
ReplyDeleteThe picture's familiar but I cannot think of the product!!
ReplyDeleteSame Mike Martin
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try again...
Maidenform Bra? They had an early 60s magazine campaign.
Probably for a vacuum cleaner!
ReplyDeleteRight your are Karen Slembrouck . The toothpaste brand was Ipana. Although they adopted the "sex sells" advertising philosophy, it wasn't enough to beat out Crest and Colgate who used kids and puppies instead. I love you all BTW, this is such a fun group.
ReplyDeleteThat's it Ipana, I couldn't for the life of me come up with the brand name but I remember the ad picture and the phrase, I don't remember liking the taste of Ipana though :-)
ReplyDeleteCan't believe Ipana sold out. This is Bucky Beaver's brand!!
ReplyDeletehttps://youtu.be/q0po-g28uTg
That ad is hilarious Mike Martin .
ReplyDeleteVintage Gaze - Bucky Beaver gave a lot of us Boomers an earworm that persists to this day! Brusha brusha brusha.... Aaaarrgh!!!
ReplyDelete