OLD CHINA


OLD CHINA
Patsy Priebe wrote show us your china - so here's a couple of cups and saucers I've known 'forever', well since a small child, as they belonged to my mum and dad.
I never actually saw mum and dad use them, but neither have we as the gold seems very delicate. So they are now tucked away behind glass, in our dining room, generating memories for me.
#vintage   #crockery  #cups#

Comments

  1. Very delicate and beautiful, wonderful colors! Do you know the maker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Kennedy Sadly not - there is a mark on the base but it isn't in any of the records. I presume they are very old - could have been handed down to my mum and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike Perry They do look very old, perhaps belonged to your grandparents. Very special in any case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are astonishingly beautiful!  I think Ann must be right that it is likely they belonged to your grandparents.  They are just breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patsy Priebe Thank you Patsy. There are so many questions I wished I'd asked my parents, about so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike Perry I think everyone agrees with you there

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patsy Priebe What seemed so irrelevant at 30, seems vitally important at 65! Not a day goes by that I don't have a question I'd love to ask my parents and grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann Kennedy Me too - so much I'd like to ask my parents and grandparents. Some of the things I feel I should know - but I don't

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do post pictures of your makers marks. Pam WhimsicalVintage may be able to help you on this one Mike Perry as she is the Wizard of China Information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And, wanted to add Mike Perry that these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The teal colour of this is wonderful. Fine bone china at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely wonderful Heirloom Tea Set Mike Perry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Margaret Siemers & Darran Hughes & Vicky Pritt Many thanks. They are beautifully decorated - but have to be handled with care. Today's dishwashers would soon destroy the decoration. Like a few things I have, they remind me of my life with my mum and dad - a different world to today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ones parents are always sacred Mike Perry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment