Sadly, there are mostly only odd pieces left of either grandmother's china.


Sadly, there are mostly only odd pieces left of either grandmother's china.
The cup on the left - paternal grandmother Olive Fern Cotterill Loop
the sugar bowl - maternal grandmother Sarah Caroline Rodkey Hite
The cup front right - nobody knows
the cup right back - my mother Violet Jo Ann Hite Loop
When we moved my mother was throwing out her mother's china and I was aghast and thankful to have saved what pieces I could.

Comments

  1. They are each very beautiful, lovely old-fashioned patterns that are timeless. I love your grandmothers' names, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Kennedy I really enjoy having them.
    I'm so glad to see you - I was thinking about pestering you with a tag because I'd love to see your china especially!

    And I sure hope some of our English friends post because I would imagine their china looks different from ours, maybe I'm wrong there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just to make sure you know Ann Kennedy We are asking all of our members to show us their favorite china, even if it isn't vintage. We are simply having fun on this one. And the love of china is as old as the hills so it won't hurt this once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patsy Priebe We may be surprised to find that the patterns from overseas are the same as much of our old patterns. many fine pieces came from France, England, Germany and other countries. We should post an album so the stamp on the underside can be seen too. Who knows someone may have a very expensive cup and saucer or plate and not know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful pieces, if only they could speak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darran Hughes maybe it's just as well they don't!  lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment