tram accident in Como - Italy early '10


tram accident in Como - Italy  early '10

Comments

  1. It must have been quite a chock.the rescue team did not have too much to work with.Thank you for your, post,sometime ,I wonder what would happen if we had a awful event of destruction how we would cope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually, as best we can Nadya Domino the human spirit is an amazing thing in times of need and calamity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. +Margaret Siemers (Siemers Rafter Room)Apart from natural disasters who are dealt with modern equipments.our society has become very spoiled..The human spirit was put to a taste during Katrina,the outcome was outrageous,,no water for 3 days,People were helpless..The human spirit has become selfish and prejudiced according to whom suffers from the calamity....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to disagree with your statement Nadya Domino While the governing body at that time failed the people, the actual people affected by Katrina showed more of the Spirit of Humanity than you may ever know.
    I am talking about the volunteer that would carry a cup of water up 12 flights of stairs, in sweltering heat, to make sure a shut in had a drink. Or the store owners with generators that let people charge cell phones (at no cost) so they could stay in contact with family and emergency services.

    Please do not confuse the poor performance of the FEMA in getting aid to all the people at the Superdome and outlying shelters with the amazing heroism and courage shown by people to others in desperate situations.

    That is what I meant by saying (we do)"Usually, as best we can...in times of need and calamity."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret Siemers​ What a few people did ,proves your point on such minuscule level.Human Spirit was not awakened by the ones who could help for 3 days.FEMA did what they were told Nothing..In time of Calamity this is when the elected .representitives,Should show Human Spirit,(they represent what people stand for).I survived a war,only too aware of the generosity of the few,and the indifference of the many.Do not know you,but feel you are one of the few.. It is good to discuss those
    situations,it gives awareness to some injustices,and to the devotion of the ones who help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nadya Domino I am glad you shared this piece of your personal history with me, as it is knowing where a person comes from in life that tells us why they think and feel the way they do. 
    I will not stand here and and tell you I know or understand what you have been through, for I have never seen war anywhere but the television and movies. Which is to say I have never been through a war. Which is to say I am lucky beyond compare to have been born in America. 
    I have had Uncles go to war in other countries, I have had a brother go to war in another country, and my own daughter went to war in another country. Which is to say I understand the impact the horrors of war can have on people.
    I give you no more argument on Humanity. But I will leave you with this thought.
    The world is changing, slowly, painfully, but it is changing. More and more good people take the place of the incompetent and evil lawmakers. More and more good people like yourself voice that it is wrong for them to lead if they are not leading with the best interest of the masses. There is hope, we simply must look for it and keep it alive. 
    It is good to talk about these things, I agree because there are generations coming of age that know nothing of what you are speaking. We need to show them how to be good to one another. 
    I am very happy to know you Nadya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret Siemers I hope your daughter is bs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nadya Domino By "bs" do you mean you hope what I said about my daughter is not true? 
    I do not BS something as important as my daughter. She was in the USAF for 7+ years and worked on the AWAX Radar plains over in Saudi. My Brother was in the Vietnam War and his wife's brother also, but her brother, bless him, didn't come home alive. 
    My Uncles served in the Army, Navy and Air Force and I had two Aunts that were Wax. 
    I am proud of my family's service to peace. I am proud of what serving has done for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margaret Siemers Please do accept my sincere apologies.I fell asleep ,did not bother to check my phone.I wanted to say is she staying in the US ,and not sent back.Please do believe me,My son spent 24 years is the Army ,my grand-son has joined the Marines,my husband was Commander in the Navy,was a pilot.I take Lorazepam for anxiety.My daughter--in-law of 20 years was in the Space Shuttle COLUMBIA when it exploded overTexas on the way back ,had a stroke.I did not read all of your comments,When I saw my reply ,Was shocked ..The right side of the body,including arm and fingers were affected,always edit what I writte,do make some mistakes.I am totally embarrassed and very upset I did not check my spelling.I DO APOLOGIZE AGAIN..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nadya Domino Again, thank you for sharing the very personal side of your life. I completely understand. 
    You are golden with me Nadya, and as I had recently told another member that thought he may have stepped on my toe in jest, it takes much more than this to get me truly angry with anyone here. 
    May you and your family be blessed with peace. You have friends here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margret Siemers​​ Just read your comment,you must be so proud of your daughter,very smart young woman,maybe she could teach me something about my phone😯Thank you for your generositee.I understand the strength of Human Spirit being compassionate..Wish you lived in Colorado.....I will add got my phone on French speaking,it does give other words,tell you I am going to leanr smoke signals,...!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment