THE PARKINSON GOLD MEDAL GAS COOKER


THE PARKINSON GOLD MEDAL GAS COOKER
Who wouldn't have wanted this 'friend' in the kitchen in the very early 1900s - if you had the money, that is. It could cook, roast, boil almost anything.

Comments

  1. Milady is thrilled! Though she probably is thrilled at the prospect of not carrying coal or wood to the kitchen.
    Love these old ads, Mike Perry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Martin  Milady looks impressed, though I doubt she actually does the cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike Perry - Oh, she has her own Mrs. Patmore, I'm sure.
    I remember a kitchen filling beast called an "Aga cooker" - do they still have those in England?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike Martin Oh yes, the Aga cookers are still about and quite popular in country homes - expensive though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Milady looks like she's about to topple over right into the cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps Milady is so impressed with this new invention that she is about to swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Either way, it's got something to do with that s-curve corset. Swooning, keeling over: it all makes sense when you consider the corset.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte Issyvoo I Milady is overcome by the magnificence of that fine cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margaret Siemers  Or perhaps it's the gentleman in the picture that's got her all in a tiz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, he is rather... well, not really. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment