BUFFALO BILL


BUFFALO BILL
Or William Frederick Cody and sometimes Bill Cody. The photo is from circa 1875, so he'd have been about 29 when he had this picture taken.
I suppose what struck me most about him is that he supposedly killed  4,282 American bison / buffalo - thus his nickname. But, I guess, hunting bison was very profitable back then - It was a different era.

Comments

  1. Quite the entertainer as well!  You might enjoy:  http://articles.philly.com/2000-12-04/news/25580641_1_william-f-cody-kansas-pacific-railroad-buffalo-bill

    I lived in the house across the street from where he lived while in Pennsylvania.  Not that it's any claim to fame:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Kennedy I know he toured Europe and in London in particular. An interesting character. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've seen videos of Buffalo Bill's Circus - well, videos made from early film. 
    Re bison, I've developed a real taste for bison burgers. They taste the way beef tasted when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment