Yes, I really wanted this back in 1972, and my wife let me buy it!
Yes, I really wanted this back in 1972, and my wife let me buy it! Plays cassettes, 8-track and reel-to-reel. Yeah, I still have it, rubber belts need replacing.
Ours is celebrating its 45th birthday this year:-) along with a couple of turntables, amplifiers and very large impractical speakers:-) Just love them all to bits!
Brings back memories of my dad's old reel-to-reel. Judging by this pic, it looks like this has detachable speakers too, just like dad's did:)
ReplyDeleteAnd this was AKAI Made in Japan, not China!
ReplyDeleteI loved working with the 4 track, reel to reel recorders too. Although the reel to reel 'wire recorders' had their charm as well. :-)
ReplyDeleteMike Srok , it came with built in speakers, but plugs for external speakers or amp.
ReplyDeleteHey I have some master tapes of recordings in my garage that you could play. I certainly can't.
ReplyDeleteOurs is celebrating its 45th birthday this year:-) along with a couple of turntables, amplifiers and very large impractical speakers:-) Just love them all to bits!
ReplyDeleteThat brings back memories- I had a similar vintage Akai, a 4000DS without the cassette.
ReplyDelete