I live in a neighbourhood where people sell "junk" on the street.

I live in a neighbourhood where people sell "junk" on the street. Look what I got today for $10!!! These are just a very few of about a 100 photos and negatives. On the far right, from 1968, a racing show, with many more photos in that collection. In the centre, a "mod," complete with dreadful eye makeup that you can see in detail with the actual photo. On the left, a big band, part of a series from Regina from the 20s, 30s, and 40s. On the bottom, three 1946 "Foncie's Photos," by a Vancouver street photographer who worked here up through the 70s. The negatives I got include some from before World War One. Did I score or what? The guy who sold me all this "threw in" a 150 year old wall mirror with an embellished wood frame too. Oh, and I got a vintage Starship Enterprise for my sweetie.
#vintagephotography #fonciesphotos #vintagecanadiana
Uber Cool!
ReplyDeleteGreat buy. And what fun you'll have looking at each one , and researching the ones that catch your interest the most.
ReplyDeleteI'd love the find the Regina family that features in so many photos. And I'll eventually develop the negatives too, which may be of the same family. If anyone wants to buy the car photos, and I have a LOT of them, including many of the negatives, I'm up for that. I like them, but not as much as the other stuff.
ReplyDeleteFabulous treasures!
ReplyDeleteI'll probably send in scans of the Foncie's Photos to the two places that are archiving them... but I'm totally keeping them. I have a Canadian historian friend who might be able to help me track down the Regina family. There's even a very politically incorrect photo from the 30s of a man in black face!
ReplyDelete