I thought we may start the pins for the upcoming holiday a little early this time.

I thought we may start the pins for the upcoming holiday a little early this time. And I thought it could be the mid week Theme of the week too. 
I know we have lots of members from countries other than America, so I would like to let them know what this holiday is four us. And encourage them to tell us about the holidays they celebrate also. 
(feel free to pin about it any time!)

So here is a look at LABOR DAY. 

Observed on the first Monday in September, Labor Day pays tribute to the contributions and achievements of American workers. It was created by the labor movement in the late 19th century and became a federal holiday in 1894. 

Now the holiday actually starts on the Friday before that Monday with  Picnics and celebrations, Concerts and Fire Works for those that can attend. Stock Car and Motor Cycle Races, Streaming to the beach or public pools for another dip before the school year starts up.  Or just being in the back yard with the Bar-B-Q fired up and ready to go.

It is a time of relaxing after long summer days of work.
It is a last celebration before the start of another school year. 
It is a holiday just for us.
 














Comments

  1. We celebrate Labor day in Croatia ,and while Croatia was Yugoslavia it was one of the most important and spectacular holidays for all six former republics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Labor Day always signaled the beginning of a new school year, full of hope and time to connect with friends again.  I also love the feel and sound of the day at dusk--cicadas, crows calling in the distance, and sometimes a hint of autumn, even in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, we spell it "labour." Ironically, we're in the middle of a province-wide teachers' strike right now. My step-sons have been home forever!!! Everyone's chafing. But the teachers' reasons for striking are very worthy so we're trying not to grumble about anyone but our recalcitrant government.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Labor day memories, folks. I think we all enjoy hearing about each others countries. 
    How many people think of Jerry Louis as a Labor Day Fixture. I have some surprises in my photo review. Take a look, you may get a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great images!  I want that tiny camper and I want to take some lemonade to those inmates and I want to suggest a sack race to my neighbors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment