Guys, I just gotta tell y'all that I tried on a wedding dress the other day that would make all your vintage-loving...


Guys, I just gotta tell y'all that I tried on a wedding dress the other day that would make all your vintage-loving jaws drop. It's strongest influence is Art Deco but it combines elements of style from about 1905 - 1938. Apparently, it's as if it was made for me, or so my pals say. I don't mean to brag, but I think I bear a little resemblance to Clara Bow in it.

I won't post it here because it's not actually vintage but look up Jenny Packham's Eden dress to see it. Or, if you want me to post it, let me know. 

The one problem? It's very expensive! The beading explains the price, but wow.

Comments

  1. The dress is beautiful. I am sure you would be a stunning bride in it. I myself can't see paying that much for any dress, but that's just my practical side. The link is easy enough to follow so I am sure anyone that wants to see it can take a look. (The exception being when you do have a wedding photo to show us, that dress or not, please do share it here. We would love to share your happiness with you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing on me and I don't have high enough self esteem to often feel that way. I think my figure, face, and hair suit the period the dress is emulating. I have major qualms about the price too, though I could sell it or wear it again with different colored slips to make it look less bridal. (I would get the platinum and gold one.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darran Hughes  You can see the dress here. Scroll down a bit to get some shots of the whole thing. I don't want to post models in the dress because they're soooo skinny, the dress looks awful on them.
    http://www.jessicalavoiephotography.com/matt-candice-nyc-wedding-photographer/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte Issyvoo Yes, seeing it on someone that actually looks like a woman is better. The dress is gorgeous without a doubt. 
    Hope you have as much fun at your wedding as this couple did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With or without this dress, right Margaret Siemers . I can see spending that much on a ring I wear every day for the rest of my life, but I'm not sure about the dress. I'm having an internal wrestle over this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment