The Theme this week is vintage cars.


The Theme this week is vintage cars. Mostly because I didn't have time to think of one this week, it was someone elses turn this week, but we aren't going to name names. ; )

This is a family photo. The man in the middle in back was my husbands Great Grandfather, and the man in the seat curb side was his Grandfather. The other three are his Great Uncles. This was taken around the turn of the century in Philadelphia, PA.

So, here's a question for the car buffs, What the  heck kind of car is that? I would love to research it, but I don't even know where to start. I know it was built on a carriage frame and that's about all I know of it. So if anyone knows, please tell.

Oh also note the barber in the window cutting a man's hair, the barber pole next to the man standing on the porch. If you can enlarge the photo, you can see the photographers reflection in the top window next to the big tree, and above that the word "Office".

Comments

  1. Yes, interesting, but what company or who made it so. I know when cars first came out there were many very small builders, but I have to wonder if that is the case, or could it be one of the Ford company's first cars. 
    I am hoping for someone that knows lots of info will see this and let me know. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not an expert. But it has the look of a Ford, or R.E.Olds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were so many car builders back then. For vintage I would guess at 1910 or so. Those wheels with the little 'spikes'  between the spokes might be the key to identifying the car as I haven't seen that on any other car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tom, I thought they were unusual, but not knowing cars I didn't know what they did back then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saving all suggestions for when I have the actual time to search. Will let you know when and if I do find out. Anyone else have an idea for me, perhaps a good site to search on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd agree with Tom  - 1908 or 1910. It is very early. Those big can acetylene headlights are an identifying key. It could be a Ford Model K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Steve Hart. You are all giving good clues to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment