Sometimes it's hard to remember that TV was so much more (as my son says, "back in the day") than it is now.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that TV was so much more (as my son says, "back in the day") than it is now.  It was cutting edge, pushing moral, cultural and comedic boundaries.  Personally, there were 2 shows that I feel accomplished this during my generation...The Odd Couple and MASH.  Both laugh out loud entertainment that covered more serious issues in the subtext.  So whether you're talking Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon or Tony Reynolds and Jack Klugman ( I loved Jack:)) in the The Odd Couple or Elliot Gould and Donald Sutherland / Alan Alda and Wayne Rogers in M.A.S.H. - it was truly the best of thoughtful comedic TV.
The Odd Couple TV Show Opening Theme Season Two 1970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1h4ibpKJA

Comments

  1. Two really good shows Pam. I watched these too. I remember many a good laugh, and teary eyes too with these shows. I think its something Television is missing today. Realy good situation comedies like these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment