This is my new living room.


This is my new living room. I have the sofa that matches this chair. I'm guessing the set is from the 1930s. What do you think? It's very comfy on my injured back is it's curved and just kind of hugs me when I curl up in it. Note that Milo that cat has discovered the same thing, as has Bobby (the other cat) in the past.

Comments

  1. bonjour Charlotte
    les chats sont superbes
    Amitiés

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci. They only just met two weeks ago because that's when my partner and I moved in together. They're doing very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cats to Charlotte ! ..and your furnishings look great, although I would prefer that the redish colors were abit more of a toned down wine color, I could still live with that in my home just like my wife, that lives separately from me, has a piano bench and two antique chairs of those very same colors that yours are, but the antique chairs that she has, are like dinner table chairs that also have carved wooden arms and legs and around the top carved wood. I used to myself have an antique men's club chair with those very same colors as yours and the upholstery was original too. I had an antique collector to talk me into selling my chair to her for her home. I should have never sold it. It was beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't really planned to go with red, but I found this set and just loved them so thought I'd go with deep, rich colour like this. All the accents in the room are mellow wood. Oh, plus books, several hundred or more, which also add a cozy quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good thing to have, especially a bookcase that has some nice molding around the top of it to give it an antique look, like the one that I did for Susan and one for myself. Even a bookcase that's been built with cheap pine wood, you can make it look exactly like an antique if you paint over it with some thick white paint to give it an old look. But the molding around it, that is the same type that you see on old fireplace mantels and original antique bookcases, it adds a very great quality addition to your decor. I used to buy and sell antiques when I lived in Pennsylvania, in the 80's where there was tons of antiques that were either made here in the 1700's and 1800's or that came from Europe when people from Europe and even Ireland came over here as immigrants back in those times. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I wish I had someone to make moldings for my many bookshelves. I'm just using billy bookcases but they actually blend in relatively well till the day I can afford something better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment